The Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All roads come together at the crossing

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest images  RegisterRegister  ChatChat  IRC  Log inLog in  

Reality vs. Fiction(in a nutshell)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kiddo
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Reality vs. Fiction(in a nutshell) Empty
PostSubject: Reality vs. Fiction(in a nutshell)   Reality vs. Fiction(in a nutshell) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 12:25 am

Attention all Twilight, Underworld, *insert vampire book/movie* kiddies! I’m sorry to inform you that your precious Cullens or epic vampire-lycan battle is far from the truth of real vampires. Some of you might be in shock or cursing me right now, but it is true. There is a lot of information here that can really help you understand vampirism and get you on the right path, however. There are wonderfully composed FAQs and Stickies which are linked in this thread that I highly recommend you check out.

Now, some of you may be wondering “what is the purpose of this thread?” Well, let me tell you. In my time at the Realm I have seen it go through different cycles and through a quite a few changes. Though, most of what I see anymore is sad and pathetic – Delusional teenagers who are hiding from reality in a fantasy. As harsh as that may sound, we can’t fool ourselves by trying to deny it. I may be harsh right now, but I am really being too nice by taking time out to type this thread and half spoon feed you. Not many will do that and I will admit I am not a fan of it either. This list is just a basic Reality vs. Fiction. Please be aware that not all of this information is fact and even still debated. Also note that this is more composed out of common sense and generalizations.

1. Vampires are human.
2. Vampires do not sparkle. If you want to sparkle, wear make-up and glitter and shiny clothing.
3. Vampires do not possess super strength, speed, have the ability to fly, not breathe and still live, etc. Some individuals do have gifts/talents that form over time and practice, but are not strictly because of vampirism.
4. Yes, vampires do have to eat and drink. We are still human.
5. Vampires do sleep. Some people may have sleep disorders such as insomnia, or prefer to sleep during the day for various reasons but it is not limited to vampires.
6. Vampires do not have any arch enemies, unless you consider the media and those who give the VC a bad reputation your arch enemy. But nothing like werewolves or vampire hunters, that is generally associated with roleplay.
7. Vampires are not immortal beings. Though depending on your beliefs, the soul may be immortal(vampire or not).
8. Vampires are not automatically damned to hell. Again, according to your beliefs it can be argued whether there is a hell and why a vampire would receive a one way ticket there.
9. Turning is not possible in the way most fiction informed people believe. It is still debated whether turning is possible, and how it is done.
10. We are not “undead”. Vampires = human = living.
11. There are no “Death Dealers” or vampire hunters, etc. Killing a vampire is the same as killing anyone else. You face the same consequences and Karma so don’t delude yourself into thinking otherwise.
12. Lycans do not exist, however therians do(depending on your beliefs).
13. There is no such thing as “Imprinting”. Also, vampires can fall in love with humans because vampires are human.
14. There are no Vampire Master, masters of cities, covens, etc.

There are Vampire Houses/counsels, however, within the VC.
Now, even if you do believe there are immortal beings out there, immortal != invincible. I do not recommend trying any of the following:

1. Jumping off buildings and skyscrapers.
2. Running in front of cars.
3. Trying to throw cars or various objects just as big and ridiculous.
4. Driving a wooden stake through someone.

…Do I really have to go through a list of things to not get yourself killed? I hope that by now you will realize that vampires are just regular people like everyone else with just a greater need for energy.

What energy is that? What makes a vampire a vampire? What happens if a vampire does not feed?

That energy is the life energy that runs through us all. It is often called prana or chi, though there are other names for it as well. What makes a vampire a vampire is the fact that they, for whatever reason, do not make enough of their own/need a greater supplement of this energy to perform at a normal, functional mentality and in a state of physical and emotional well-being. If a vampire does not obtain the energy required, the vampire will start to display symptoms(that vary from person to person) that affect them physically, mentally, emotionally and/or spiritually.

What causes vampirism? How is vampirism acquired?

It still is not set in stone what causes vampirism. Some believe it is a normal balance for those who have more prana/chi than they actually need and some believe it is all psychological. There are different possibilities and it comes down to a matter of what you believe with what information is out there. As for how vampirism is “acquired” it really is not something everyone just gets. Again, this is something that is not a set fact one way or the other. Many believe you are born a vampire and awake anywhere from teenage years when you hit puberty to any point in your life afterwards. There are those that will argue turning is possible and that you can become a vampire that way. There are even fewer who believe it may even be genetic. There is also what is called learned vampirism, where in short, you may not be a vampire but certain circumstances require you to pull energy to maintain a state of well being. Once more, depending on what you believe, this may or may not be something you agree with and is still open for debate.

To wrap this up, since I believe I’ve spoon fed you enough in one topic, there are different views of what a vampire is, what causes vampirism, why, etc. It takes your own research and beliefs formed from study in vampirism and even other parts of the occult, if you want answers.
Back to top Go down
https://thecrossroads.forummotion.com

Reality vs. Fiction(in a nutshell)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crossroads :: Occult :: Vampires-
Jump to: